Many manufacturer's have implemented an increasing amount of plastic "paneling" over areas of a vehicle's engine-bay and the clips often break or get marred-up when being removed. These clips, while not overly expensive in some cases are an ongoing headache and never look "good".
ZSPEC has developed clip-replacement solutions leveraging our famous titanium hardware coupled with Well Nuts. This solution is our "M3" based fastener and well nut hardware - VERIFY the hole-size before ordering, we offer other sizes as well (M4 & M5).
Ideally, these fit / work well when the clip "hole" is ~3-3.5mm in size. If this doesn't mesh with your application, please look at our M4 or M5 offerings.
Installation instructions are straight-forward:
1) Remove OE plastic clips and push ZSPEC Well Nuts into Clip Holes on body of vehicle (under plastic panels).
2) Position panel back in place and hand-start each titanium fastener with the included washer.
3) Tighten the fasteners and enjoy. Note, each fastener needs "snugged" in place...the back-side of each well nut will "bulge" holding the panel in place.
Why ZSPEC's Dress Up Bolts® hardware solution?
- Grade-5 Titanium Fasteners and Washers
- Completely reversible (no drilling like others)
Requires basic hand-tools for installation: plastic pry tool to remove clips and #5 hex-key for installation of the ZSPEC hardware (not included).
Note - this M3 solution works best with smaller holes ~9.4-9.5mm in diameter. If your need varies greatly, check out our other listings with alternate sizes.
Common (known) fitments/use for this size: Nissan Titan front plastics, Nissan Z32 300zx "Large Clip" replacements in cowls.